Over the past few years, actresses have been wearing sustainable labels not only to promote an eco-friendly lifestyle but also to give recognition to the artists who have put their time and efforts in creating a beautiful outfit. There are several brands which hand pain in their clothes and design them manually.
When public figures don their outfits, it helps the brands to give back to the communities who have played a huge part in the art for generations. The steady interest of celebrities in organic fashion has boosted their demand in the market, thereby introducing fashionistas to a world of khadi and cotton clothing. Let’s take a look at 5 actresses who have made statements by dressing in sustainable fashion.
1. Richa Chadha – When you think sustainability, you think of Richa Chadha. The talented actress has always been an advocate for an organic lifestyle, made clear by her pride in wearing sustainable labels like Raw Mango at various events.
2. Yami Gautam – The latest actress to join the sustainability bandwagon is the Kaabil actress, who found quite a few environment conscious fashion designers in Hong Kong during her recent trip to the Chinese city and proudly claims that although she wanted to take it one step at a time, it was Anita Dongre’s Grass Roots collection which made her dive into the world of sustainable fashion.
3. Taapsee Pannu – The Naam Shabana actress has always been a style setter, with her fashion trends becoming an absolute rage amongst her fans. Taapsee has always believed in wearing what you are comfortable in and it is reflected in the beautiful labels she has worn over the past years, reflecting her style is the organic way to go!
4. Katrina Kaif – Although she has walked the ramp wearing international labels and been muse for several designers during the various fashion weeks in the country, Katrina only wore sustainable clothes by Reformation during the shoot of her film Jagga Jasoos.
5. Rasika Dugal – Manto actress Rasika Dugal has always been one who has had a key eye for sustainable labels, being spotted wearing gorgeous organic pieces at events. The talented actress will also be walking the ramp for an organic brand, Vriksh at the Lakme Fashion Week this year.